Our client is a successful school on the edge of Epsom. Following expansion of their facilities we are looking to recruit Catering Porters.
The Catering Department provides all food and beverages for pupils, staff and visitors. As well as enjoying a professional reputation with the pupils, parents and teachers, it also provides catering services for external customers and other schools and regularly hosts national sporting events, weddings and other functions throughout the year.
To effectively work within a team of chefs and porters, ensuring that the kitchen is run to the School’s financial and high operational standards whilst assisting with the production of meals and additional functions and meetings during term time. In addition, having the ability to change to commercial business during holiday periods whilst continuing the high standards to produce meals for weddings, conferences and corporate dinner and dances.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Maintain the production of menus, keeping up with trends and seasons
2. Plan and carry out all Food Safety, Allergen and Health and Safety Regulations. Ensuring the all documentation and procedures are followed
3. Develop working alongside sous chefs, overseeing production and carrying out tasks required.
4. Maintain NVQ training provided by external trainers, making sure that all course work is completed.
5. Undertake all aspects in the cleaning of equipment within the sections of the kitchen and dining room – walls (up to 2 metres), floors, fixtures, pots, pans, cutlery, crockery, and glassware ensuring that the correct products and PPE equipment are used.
6. Assist as directed, with all aspects of preparation and presentation of food including preparation of pupil’s special allergies, ensuring that all recipes are processed with catering analysis,
7. Monitor and report on production activities and provide relevant HACCP information.
8. Maintain and report on equipment, ensuring that all equipment breakdowns are reported to service contractors and that staffs are aware that equipment is faulty.
9. To ensure a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene to comply with statutory regulations.
10. Liaise and attend meetings with other chefs, and carry out functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and development.
11. Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills
· Ability to work flexibly under pressure
· A good sense of humour
· Excellent people skills and able to work within in a large team and / or alone
· A passion to cook great food and have respect for fresh produce
· Flare for presentation of food.
Salary is up to £18803, working on a shift pattern of 5 days out of 7. Benefits include holidays + pension + free meals + use of facilities.
Interested APPLY NOW!!!