Our client, a well-respected and established organisation who, are one of the UK’s leading charities providing advice, support, and financial assistance to thousands of patients and their families each year, are actively seeking to recruit a Part Time Executive Assistant. Covering Maternity Leave, the position is offered on the basis of a 12-month Fixed Term Contract. Working 21hours a week, that’s spread either over for three full, or five part time days, you will without exception need to attend Board and Committee Meetings which are based either in Alton or London.
As Executive Assistant, your role will involve, but will not be limited to, being responsible for the efficient administration of Charities UK Governance matters, ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, organising and recording AGMs, Board and Committee meetings, giving advice on governance, compiling reports, ensuring the company and its directors operate within the law and liaising with the Company Secretary for filing relevant Board meeting resolutions.
In summary your main duties will be to: –
- To ensure that AGM, Board and Committee meetings are properly administered and recorded.
- Ensure the AGM, Board and Committee meetings are planned, prepared and facilitated professionally
- Prepare and circulate Board, Committee and AGM packs to Trustees within the necessary timescales.
- Produce minutes for the AGM, Board and Committee meetings.
- Work with the Senior Management Team and Trustees to implement and improve governance practices.
- Draft and manage Company Policies.
- Monitor all Committee and Board action points.
- Liaise with the Company Secretary to ensure compliance with Companies House and the Charity Commission requirements.
- Assist with the recruitment and induction of new Trustees.
- Liaise with Trustees as required and maintain the Trustee Register and attendance log.
- Work closely with the CEO’s PA and assist where necessary.
Having proven experience of scheduling and organising meetings in a professional manner you will have excellent interpersonal communication skills and will be well versed in taking, administering, and distributing meeting minutes in a timely manner. To competently fulfil this role, you will also be: –
- A driven self-motivated individual
- Organised, methodical and pay good attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Well presented, approachable, friendly and professional at all times
- Ideally, thou not essentially, you will be aware of legislation relating to charitable organisations. Either way at the very least will be willing to learn.
Working 21 hours a week, that’s either three full, or five part time days, the salary will be £17,000 / annum.
Please be aware that under the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations, (GDPR), May 2018, in applying for this position either by way of your initial CV submission and/or subsequent Registration Interview you, the “Data Subject”, will be supplying Jade Recruitment Limited with “Personal Sensitive Data”. Full details of how Jade Recruitment Limited comply with the GDPR legislation will be provided to you at the time of registration.