Running a group of Childcare Nursery Schools across Hampshire our client is actively seeking to recruit a Chef for their site based in Fleet Hampshire. Working in partnership with the management team you will ensure the set daily menu options are prepared, cooked and delivered to the correct dining areas in an orderly and timely manner.
Having a proven history of working in a disciplined catering environment you will readily ensure full compliance with Food safety and EHO standards and competently understand and manage the preparation and cooking of food for children’s individual dietary needs. This will for example, include coping with Vegetarian, Vegan, and Lactose and Nut allergy intolerance diets. In support of these requirements you will be expected to competently and effectively manage the related refrigerated storage and labelling of all prepared food products.
With a full understanding of HACCP, COSHH, Environmental Health Food Safety and Health and Safety legislation you will be expected to comply with the Companies policies and on a daily basis:-
- Prepare and Cook all foods in accordance with the daily menus and for the specified number of children
- To ensure the delivery of the cooked food to the correct dining areas at the correct times
- Monitoring and recording in writing the temperature of fridges
- Ensure the Kitchen work space and surfaces are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure that any specified menu changes are authorised by the Nursery Manager
- Maintain and order stock in line with requirements and allocated/agreed budgets
- Manage stock rotations paying particular attention to expiry dates
- Be a reliable and flexible member of the team, cooperating whenever needed
- As needed assist EHO and OFSTED Inspectors in a positive and professional manner.
Working in a Nursery School environment you will readily build and develop positive relationships and show a positive willingness to participate in staff meetings, training sessions and out of hours activities such as Open Days, Summer Fayre and Christmas Parties. You will also: –
- Be qualified to City and Guilds 706/1 and 706/2 or NVQ 2/3 standard
- Have as a Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Strictly adhere to the Kitchen dress code
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- As needed, train and guide trainees in all aspects of the Kitchen
Please note: As this role is based within a Nursery School you must clear an enhanced DBS Certificate. This will be undertaken by the Client. A zero tolerance applies.
Working Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm/5:30pm the position of Nursery Chef will pay £25,000 per annum (£10.75 / hour) and will receive 24 days annual leave plus all Bank Holidays. The employment package comes with a comprehensive package of benefits, including discounted nursery places.