40 hours a week, 36 weeks per year (term time)
Flexible shift pattern to include morning, mid, late shifts, Monday- Friday (with occasional weekend working)
Salary range £11 – £11.40 per hour
Our Client are seeking a friendly and committed individual to support the busy Catering Department. The post holder will be able to work effectively within a team supporting with the general cleaning and hygiene of kitchens and front of house as well as assisting with deliveries and ensuring items are stored and labelled correctly.
The Catering Assistant will be an integral part of the catering team as they will be supporting the smooth running of the kitchen.
The school is well known for their high level of education that they offer and their employees are an extension of this reputation. So the successful Catering Assistant will need to possess a positive and ‘can-do’ attitude along with a friendly personality.
The Catering Assistant’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
– Cleaning the catering areas and the dining hall
– Washing up all cooking equipment and plates
– Dealing with deliveries on arrival at the site and storing delivery items correctly
– Complying with health and safety regulations as well as hygiene and fire regulations
– Using appropriate machinery and utensils to help with preparing vegetables on the direction of the Head Chef
The successful Catering Assistant must possess a proactive attitude when it comes to working in a busy team. Plus a friendly and positive personality is essential!
The important bits:
– Term-time only role, 36 weeks per year inclusive of unpaid breaks
– Hours: 40 hours per week
– Working 5 days out of 7, across Monday to Sunday
– Varying shifts between 7am-3:30pm and 11am-7:30pm with two 15minute tea breaks and a 30 minute lunch break (lunch provided)
– If the school hosts functions then the Catering Assistant may be required to work additional hours
– Annual leave must be taken during school holidays
– Knowledge of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene is desirable but full training will be given
– The willingness to work flexible hours when necessary is essential. Shift patterns are agreed in advance half termly.
The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory references and the possession of a clean DBS. But once appointed the Catering Assistant will be able to use the onsite facilities including the school’s swimming pool, tennis court and the library!
If this role is something you are looking for and want to work for a forward thinking successful school please apply today with your most updated CV!