Our client in Worthing is looking for an experienced 24 Hour Service Technician Truck and Van.
- Understand and diagnose faulty components and recommend course of action
- Maintain a well organised service 24 hours vehicle, for ease and use for the other workshop staff if required
- Carry out inspection, maintenance, repair and installation of components in an efficient manner and per instructions given by service reception
- Ensure that standard times and quality of work is to the manufacturer’s standards
- Ensure that all work carried and time taken is well documented on the job card to ensure accurate billing to customer
- Ensure that additional work is reported to Service Reception and authority is obtained before work is commenced
- Ensure that additional work, which cannot be carried out, is communicated to Service Reception for future booking
- Ensure that the correct components are requested from the Parts Department and in sufficient time for the job to carried out
- Road test vehicles when required and ensure work has been fully completed and will pass quality assurance checks
- Ensure that vehicles are returned to customers in a clean condition and there is no body damage
- Support service advisor as necessary with technical expertise in explaining to customer work carried out on his vehicle
- Ensure tools and equipment are maintained in proper working order. Report faulty equipment and remove from workshop.
The basic salary is £30,000 + £30 per call out free. Basic hours of 46 per week 7am to 4pm Monday to Friday, weekend rota on call: week on, week off.