Located in Dorking Surrey and nestled in the North Downs AONB, as part of a niche visitor centre and venue for Special Events, Conferences and Weddings the client is actively looking to recruit an Assistant Restaurant Manager who, working across the visitor centre and fifty cover restaurant will have experience of providing a friendly catering service, supervise the existing team and be able to perform a variety of manual tasks associated with food production and service.
Answering to the Restaurant Manger you’ll be supervising a team of Food & Beverage Assistants, ensuring that everyone’s providing excellent service to the customers and that staff are working as a team to complete all operational tasks. You’ll be confident in guiding your team members to complete the tasks with pride and address any occasions where this may not be occurring. Acting as escalation point for customers and staff, you’ll also identify any training needs and support the Manager on everyday tasks.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a professional catering environment and will be able to:
- Ensure the customers are given a prompt and efficient service
- Manage multiple catering sections
- Project a willing and helpful attitude to customers by being visible during service periods
- Provide a friendly, efficient and hygienic service to all customers
- Assist in the preparation of food and snacks
- Keep the kitchen and restaurant areas in a clean and tidy state at all times
- Co-operate with all team members undertaking duties in the kitchen / service areas as needed
- Rigorously follow and support cleaning schedules.
You’ll need to be:
- Customer focused with great communication skills both verbal and written
- Passionate about food
- Creative and proactive and love seeking out new opportunities
- An inspiring leader
- Aware of Health & Safety compliance requirements
- Confident handling complaints
- Able to stand in for the Restaurant Manager on an as needs basis.
Working a up to 50 hours / week, that’s 5 over 7 days, the position of Assistant Restaurant Manager will STE be paid between £23k and £25kper annum.