Our clients Reigate based Nursing Home which is located in a peaceful english garden setting are actively looking to recruit Care Assistants to join their Team and assist with provisioning its residents with homely, considerate and comforting care.
As a Care Assistant ideally with previous experience thou not essentially, since Training will be provided, you must importantly have a kind, caring manner and be willing to encourage residents to remain or become as independent as is reasonably practicable.
Being physically fit and able to work largely on your feet you will need to be self-motivated, organised and wholly able to work both on your own or as part of a caring team. Having good communication and interpersonal skills and reporting to either the Matron or Deputy Manager you will be expected to: –
- Assist residents with their daily routines which will include washing, dressing / undressing and toilet visits
- Assist residents with mobility and physical disability tasks
- Assist with the meal time service and residents assisted feeding requirements
- Conduct routine bed making and room tidying tasks
- Carry out supportive and palliative care on and as needs basis
- Read, write and update reports
- To promptly inform the Nursing staff or Mangers of changes in resident’s status of health
- Have understating and knowledge of responsibilities under Health, Safety and Welfare legislation
Please Note: Under taken by the Client, all successful applicants will be expected to undertake a DBS clearance
Paying £9 per hour the successful applicant will be expected to work flexibly 5 over 7 days and work either 8am to 3pm or 8am to 8pm day shifts, or alternatively 8pm to 8am night shifts. If caring for people is your vocation, then apply today for further information and detail.