Are you looking for a busy, varied role?
Do you want to be working shifts?
Our client in Leatherhead are looking for a Catering Assistant to join their busy catering team at their top quality school in Surrey. The Catering Assistant will be an integral part of the catering team as they will be supporting the smooth running of the kitchen.
The school is well known for their high level of education that they offer and their employees are an extension of this reputation. So the successful Catering Assistant will need to possess a positive and ‘can-do’ attitude along with a friendly personality.
The Catering Assistant’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Cleaning the catering areas and the dining hall
- Washing up all cooking equipment and plates
- Dealing with deliveries on arrival at the site and storing delivery items correctly
- Complying with health and safety regulations as well as hygiene and fire regulations
- Using appropriate machinery and utensils to help with preparing vegetables on the direction of the Head Chef
The Catering Assistant will need to be a team player who is happy to help in all areas of the kitchen. The successful Catering Assistant must possess a proactive attitude when it comes to working in a busy team. Plus a friendly and positive personality is essential!
The important bits:
- Term-time only role, 36 weeks per year inclusive of unpaid breaks
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Working 5 days out of 7, across Monday to Sunday
- Varying shifts between 7am-3:30pm and 11am-7:30pm with two 15minute tea breaks and a 30 minute lunch break (lunch provided)
- If the school hosts functions then the Catering Assistant may be required to work additional hours
Salary: Basic up to £14,600 per annum
The salary includes holiday entitlement but annual leave must be taken during the school holidays. Holiday consists of 28 days including Bank Holidays and 3 days at Christmas when the school is closed.
There is a 6 month probation period and appointment is subject to satisfactory references and the possession of a clean DBS. But once appointed the Catering Assistant will be able to use the onsite facilities including the school’s swimming pool, tennis court and the library.
So if you want a job where no day is the same – apply now!
Please be aware that under the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations, (GDPR), May 2018, in applying for this position either by way of your initial CV submission and/or subsequent Registration Interview you, the “Data Subject”, will be supplying Jade Recruitment Limited with “Personal Sensitive Data”. Full details of how Jade Recruitment Limited comply with the GDPR legislation will be provided to you at the time of registration.