Located just outside Hook in the rolling Hampshire countryside our client, a well-established, and respected Independent School, is actively seeking to recruit a Chef de Partie to join their full complement of Kitchen staff.
Working alongside the Head, Sous and Commis Chefs as the Chef de Partie you will assist prepare, cook and serve the fresh food offerings for the Schools Staff, Pupils and Guests and will also help maintain all EHO Food Hygiene and Health and Safety standards.
The successful CdP will have a history of working in a professional catering environment; will have robust knowledge and skills in preparing “fresh” and “timely” delivered food. Your principal duties will extend to: –
- Planning, preparing and cooking menu items as directed by the Sous / Head Chef.
- Carrying out the smooth and efficient running of your section
- Actively help maintain compliance with current Dietary, Food Safety and EHO Standards
- Being passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts
- Assisting with stock taking when required.
- Assist with the other Kitchen duties on an as needs basis
NB: As this role is based within a School you must clear an enhanced DBS Certificate. This will be undertaken by the Client
Working around 42.5hours/week, with shifts of 6am to 3pm or 10am to 7.30pm the position of Chef de Partie will pay £22,618per annum. Occasional, 8 per year weekend working is required for which days of in lieu will be given, and during Summer Holidays shorter working hours are applied. This post will include a full package of statutory entitlements and benefits.