Our Bordon based Client who specialises in freight transport are currently seeking to recruit an experienced 7.5T & 18T Class 2 / Cat C Delivery Driver to assist in the day to day operation of their business. As a Class 2 Driver you will be responsible for 10-15 multi drops in and around the GU and RH postcode area providing goods to local businesses. On occasions you may be required to use a tail lift and Pump truck on an as needs basis.
Your main responsibilities will be: –
- To drive Company vehicles and operate Company equipment in a safe and proper manner in accordance with Company Policies, procedures and legislation.
- To carry out multi-drops in around the GU, RH surrounding area (10-15)
- To work independently liaising with Team Leader if needed.
- Having the ability to self-manage and use initiative for solving problems.
- Carrying out vehicle checks prior to the operation of any vehicle.
- Providing a professional, safe and fuel-efficient driving service.
- Filling out all required paperwork after each drop.
- On return to base, report to the traffic office for full debrief and report any exceptions in a timely manner.
This position will pay a salary of £23,000 per annum working a 48-hour week from 8am to 6pm Monday – Friday. You will be required to work a Saturday on a rota basis that’s once every 8 weeks for which you will be paid overtime at a flat rate of £9.45p per hour. The post also pays an annual bonus of £2080 which is paid Annually, before Christmas.
This position includes all statutory entitlements and benefits and also offers the chance to train for the C+E HGV Class 1 licence and includes the following:-
- 20 days holidays + Bank holidays
- Full work clothing provided
- Work mobile phone
- Overtime available