|Job Reference No.||7627|
|Permanent / Temporary||Permanent|
|Salary / Rate of Pay||£21-23k dependent on experience, qualifications and skills|
|Days / Hours||37.5 hours per week starting at 8am|
• The working day starts at 8am and the main meal of the day is lunch served at 1pm. During the working day supper is also prepared. Supper is then heated up and served at 7pm by a duty person (residential staff member). The operation is 7 days a week throughout the year with a shutdown of 2 weeks in early January. An NVQ Level 2 in Catering preferred, but not essential. Experience within a high volume catering environment is also preferable.
• Someone who is interested in vegetarian dishes is important.
• A two week rotating menu is currently in operation and works well with the students.
• The ethos is to use organic ingredients wherever possible with suppliers on board such as Infinity and Riverford.
• The one-acre walled vegetable garden also provides seasonal produce.
• Our client is a beautiful and nourishing environment to work in, with a great team.
Duties and Responsibilities
● As per direction from the Head Cook to be responsible for the provision of meals ensuring dietary requirements meet the required standard;
● Working to high standards of practice and food hygiene;
● Communicate politely and courteously, to build and maintain strong relationships. Be responsive to emails;
If you are interested, please apply now.
What do employers look for in a C.V.? What are the definite no-nos? This will you gives some of the answers.
Read more >
Now you’ve got that interview, how do you go about securing the job?
Read more >
Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate
This course is required if you work with or handle food to meet UK training requirements.
Apply on the site >
Allergens Test and Training
Be in the know when it comes to Allergens by reading our guide and testing yourself afterwards, remember to email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
If we put you into a kitchen our client’s will want you to have all the correct knowledge of food safety and hygiene, click the link below to complete the test
Allergens Test >
Allergens Training >
Forms you may need
For last minute bookings when we are unable to send you a timesheet in time
Blank Timesheet (MS Excel) >
New Employee Start Form >
Holiday Request Form >