|Job Reference No.||7609|
|Permanent / Temporary||Permanent|
|Salary / Rate of Pay||
£21-23k dependent on experience and qualifications
|Days / Hours||Possibility of part time|
As a Gardener this position would be a great opportunity for a keen and passionate gardener with interest in all aspects of horticulture. It is 39 acres in extent which includes a Grade 2 listed parkland with magnificent and ancient trees and a five-acre arboretum with original UK introductions of rhododendrons, bulbs and specimen trees. The grounds are managed organically with extensive lawns, perennial flower and shrub borders, old yew hedges, a one acre productive walled vegetable garden and conservation areas as well as a football pitch and tennis court.
You will be part of the Garden and Grounds team and at times you might be working around volunteers and students (for an hour a week students work in the garden and grounds). The role would involve a split of working in the grounds and vegetable garden. These are beautiful grounds to work in alongside a great team.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Maintaining the lawns, flower beds, hedges, playing fields and hard court areas to a high standard ensuring they are safe and fit for purpose;
● Ensure roads, pathways and all access areas are kept clear of leaves, other tree debris and litter;
● Working in the vegetable garden.
● Using the tractors and other equipment to maintain the grounds and parking areas.
● Ensuring that all equipment is maintained to a safe and serviceable condition and that the garage / workshop is kept clean and tidy. Outside contractors do the planned maintenance on the powered equipment;
● Chainsaw certificate useful but not critical.
● Hold a full driving licence.
● Checking all sites fencing and boundaries, reporting any issues to the Estate & Facilities Manager.
● Communicate politely and courteously, to build and maintain strong relationships. Be responsive to emails.
Due to its varied nature, a flexible and adaptive approach is required for the role. You may be required to undertake other tasks that can be reasonably assigned to you within your capability. This job description is subject to review in line with any developing needs of the organisation.
To find out more information please apply today!
What do employers look for in a C.V.? What are the definite no-nos? This will you gives some of the answers.
Read more >
Now you’ve got that interview, how do you go about securing the job?
Read more >
Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate
This course is required if you work with or handle food to meet UK training requirements.
Apply on the site >
Allergens Test and Training
Be in the know when it comes to Allergens by reading our guide and testing yourself afterwards, remember to email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
If we put you into a kitchen our client’s will want you to have all the correct knowledge of food safety and hygiene, click the link below to complete the test
Allergens Test >
Allergens Training >
Forms you may need
For last minute bookings when we are unable to send you a timesheet in time
Blank Timesheet (MS Excel) >
New Employee Start Form >
Holiday Request Form >