Based on the outskirts of Alton, our Client, a growing specialist in environment studies are actively seeking to recruit a Graduate Trainee Technician who working alongside a professional team of Specialist Engineers will provide geotechnical analysis and design services for a broad spectrum of Ground Engineering problems.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic graduate to develop and grow a successful career in a specialist industry. In your first year starting out as an Engineering Technician you will largely be working in the field creating bore hole test pits with the aim of enabling soil, contamination and drainage analysis and facilitating ongoing ground gas and water monitoring. With growing field experience and skills during your first 6 to 12 months you will be expected to elevate to an Engineers role taking on projects which you will be expected to manage from start to finish.
Mindful of statutory requirements, budgetary constraints and site health & safety legislation, with appropriate training and development your daily responsibilities will include: –
- Supervising drilling works
- Obtaining/collecting samples
- Logging soil samples
- Setting up and monitoring ground gas and water monitoring equipment
- Carrying out qualitative and quantitative risk assessments
- Compiling factual evidence and data for multi-stage project reports
- Conducting effective timely communication with Clients and Sub contractors
- Conducting validation and remediation visits
Qualified to a minimum BSc honours degree in a related core subject such as Geology, Civil Engineering or Environmental Science’s having an appreciation of project tendering and budgetary controls you will having a strong work ethic and be well versed in producing accurate project documentation in a timely professional manner and will also have:
- Excellent Microsoft office software user skills
- Experience using bespoke CRM data software packages, ideally with the Geotechnical Design software
- The ability to work to and follow British Standards
- Excellent verbal and written and interpersonal communication skills
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- An ability to work calmly in a bust work environment
- A clean UK Driving License
Based in the Company’s Main Offices which are provisioned with free Teas/ Coffees, Fresh Fruit and Parking the employment package includes 23 Days + All Public Holiday annual leave entitlement, use of company vehicles to get to sites and an extensive package of company entitlements and benefits Working Monday to Friday 08:30hrs to 17:30hrs the position will, initially pay £18k per annum but will with your targeted first 6 to 12 months development see your salary rise to between £22k to£23k per annum
Please Note due to the location of the Offices the successful candidate will need their own reliable means of Transport.