Located in the beautiful village of Grayshott, Surrey our client a high-quality Care Home are looking for an experienced Chef to join their team. You will be responsible for managing the Kitchen staff to safeguard the smooth running and delivery of the dining experience. Importantly you will ensure the preparation of special dietary meals, as needed and as directed, by way of bespoke Care Plans and Diet Sheets.
The successful candidate will have a history of working in a professional catering environment; will have robust knowledge and skills preparing “fresh” and “timely” delivered food. Your principal duties will extend to:-
- Ordering fresh food and kitchen supplies through preferred suppliers.
- Monitoring the Quality, Performance and Costs of the Preferred Suppliers products, thereby ensuring product and price competitiveness.
- Ensuring the Mangers & Proprietors are kept up to date with Suppliers performance.
- Preparing agreed menus, nutritional food, and beverages to a high standard, and in line with agreed meal times.
- Ensuring formal monitoring and recording of Refrigerator, Chiller and Freezer temperatures.
- Maintaining, at all times, a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Kitchen and Food Storage areas.
- Guaranteeing that the kitchen complies with Health and Safety, Environmental, and Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Assessing the teams’ performance, and ensure all mandatory training modules are completed in a timely manner.
- Assisting with ad-hoc duties as requested by the Manager and / or Proprietor on an as needs basis.
Having good communication and inter personal skills and the ability to work well under pressure, Working a flexible 5 over 7 days, 42 to 48 hour week that’s with either Early or Late shifts available, the position of Chef will, STE and flexible choice of Work Hours, pay between £10 and £11.50p per hour. (STE and Work hours this equates to £21.8k and £28.7k per annum). The post will include all statutory entitlements and benefits
Please Note: Under taken by the Client, all successful applicants will be expected to undertake a DBS clearance.