Located in a peaceful and idyllic Surrey village a short distance from Dorking, our client, who have recently refurbished and rebranded their Gastro / Bed and Breakfast Pub are actively looking to recruit an experienced Head Chef to further develop and drive both the food offering and business.
With strong leadership skills and a passion for producing excellent quality food as the Head Chef you will utilise the full complement of Kitchen Staff to produce a series of dishes which, full of enthusiasm and innovation, and based on an array of classic British dishes, will delight the clientele.
With ideas relating to frequent menu changes and using the freshest, predominantly local, fruit and veg, grass-fed beef and game you will enable the Kitchen Team food offering to be considered locally the very best. In addition, you will: –
- Ensure the timely delivery of freshly prepared food
- Ensure food production costs and the menu planning are implemented effectively
- Ensure all financial and wastage targets are met
- Manage the deliveries and timely storage of stock
- Enable development of the menu and its offerings
- Ensure Kitchen Food Hygiene and Health & Safety targets are met and managed at all times
- Assess the teams’ performance and identify training where ever needed
Working a 48 to 50 hour week, that’s 5 over 7 days, the position of Head Chef will pay up to £34k per annum and additionally include a £2k bonus. Working flexibly the position is offered with an opportunity of live-in accommodation, otherwise, due to the location your own means of transport will be required. If you see this as a great opportunity to grow and develop along with a friendly team! Then this is a great opportunity so apply today!