Located in a pretty Surrey village located a short distance from Woking our client who pride themselves on running a collection of individual pubs wholly aligned to their community location, are actively looking to recruit an experienced Head Chef who is passionate about producing, excellent food in a professional, friendly, and competent manner manage the Kitchen Team from the Sous Chef to the Kitchen Porter and Restaurant staff with the focus on being one of, or, the best local Pub / Restaurant.
The Head Chef will need a proven history of working in a professional catering environment; will have robust knowledge and skills preparing “fresh” and “timely” delivered food and an ability to direct and manage the Kitchen and Restaurant teams that’s to ensure the very best quality food and service is delivered to all patrons at all times. The Head Chef’s principal responsibilities and principal duties will extend to: –
- Effectively ensuring the smooth and operations of the Kitchen and Restaurant staff
- Managing the development and six weekly changes of the restaurant menu
- Ordering fresh food and kitchen supplies through preferred suppliers
- Monitoring the quality, performance and costs of the Pub.
- Ensuring the Business Managers are kept appraised of performance and issues
- Ensuring formal monitoring and recording of Refrigerator, Chiller and Freezer temperatures
- Maintaining, at all times, a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Kitchen and Food Storage areas.
- Guaranteeing that the kitchen complies with Health and Safety, Environmental, and Food Hygiene Regulations
- Managing and assessing the teams’ performance, and identifying all training needs
Having good communication and inter personal skills and the ability to work well under pressure, working a minimum 40-hour week that’s 5 over 7 days, the Head Chef will, STE be paid up to £37,000 along with tips and a profit share incentive. The post will naturally include all statutory entitlements and benefits