Our Petersfield based client an established company with expertise in the Architectural and Construction fit-out industry providing services to prime commercial, retail and luxury residential clients across London and the South East of the UK are expanding their scope of business into Property Maintenance with a focus on of “High Net Worth Residential” and “Prime Commercial” properties. In support of this move they are actively seeking to recruit a “Head of Maintenance” manager who, working across their London sites, will support development and enable the company to consolidate and grow its Maintenance Division.
As “Head of Maintenance” you’ll be responsible for the proactive maintenance and front-line breakdown support of Electrical & Mechanical Services, and minor construction work. Typically, this will range from Air-Conditioning, Power, Lighting, Control, Audio Visual and Security systems through to Commercial Grade Heating and Water service systems.
Wholly accountable for the continuous efficient running of the Maintenance Division you will be expected to prioritise, schedule and record programmes of maintenance and repair. Your key responsibilities will extend to: –
- Readily diagnosing M&E faults, maintenance requirements
- Reacting to any emergency requirement
- Liaising with engineers to complete works
- Record all daywork sheets
- Prepare your own quotations
- Carrying out fault repairs and planned maintenance in a timely, professional manner
- Ordering and procuring relevant spare parts and components
- Monitoring and controlling ongoing maintenance costs and expenditure
- Developing and implementing programmes of planned maintenance
- Developing safe procedures of work, and where necessary, method statements and risk assessments.
- Handling emergencies, problems, and unplanned events in a safe and professional manner
- Effectively managing and controlling maintenance tools, equipment, and stores
- Updating and developing Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and policy documents
- Invoicing and updating key commercial data to Board level
As a Head of Maintenance with proven work history and experience of managing proactive and reactive streams of M&E maintenance within the Luxury and VIP client sector you will have: –
- BTEC certificate in operations and maintenance engineering
- City & Guilds certification in engineering.
As an excellent communicator with good inter-personal, administration and IT skills you will, subject to experience, be paid between £36,000 and £42,000 per annum. Working a 40-hour Monday to Friday week you will, in support of the Customer base, be expected to travel across London and South East, for which, a clean full UK Driving Licence will be essential.