Our client is looking for a HGV Technician to join their team. As the HGV Technician you will undertake all duties of a vehicle technician by carrying out inspections, repairs, maintenance and installation of components in accordance with the experience, training given and to the standards and quality of the Manufacturer.
- Understand and diagnose faulty components and recommend course of action.
- Carry out inspection, maintenance, repair and installation of components in an efficient manner and per instructions given by Service Reception.
- Ensure that standard times and quality of work is to the manufacturer’s standards.
- Ensure that all work carried and time taken is well documented on the job card to ensure accurate billing to customer.
- Ensure that additional work is reported to Service Reception and authority is obtained before work is commenced.
- Ensure that additional work, which cannot be carried out, is communicated to Service Reception for future booking.
- Ensure that the correct components are requested from the Parts Department and in sufficient time for the job to be carried out.
- Road test vehicles when required and ensure work has been fully completed and will pass quality assurance checks.
- Ensure that vehicles are returned to customers in a clean condition and there is no body damage.
- Support Service Advisor as necessary with technical expertise in explaining to customer work carried out on his vehicle.
- Ensure tools and equipment are maintained in proper working order. Report faulty equipment and remove from workshop.
- Maintain a well organised service 24 hour vehicle, for ease and use for other workshop staff if required.
- If a senior / master technician supervise, advise and train technicians and apprentices as and when required by the Department.
Rotating Shift Pattern Days and Lates Shifts
Week 1 Days: Monday to Friday 07:00 to 15:30 (30 mins lunch break) and 07:00-13:00 Saturday (46 hours)
Week 2 Lates: Monday to Friday 15:30 to 00:00, (40 hours)
Hours averaged over two shift patterns is 43 per week, but the employee is paid for 46 hours
Overtime rate 1.33
If you want to know more, apply today!