|Job Reference No.||6970|
|Permanent / Temporary||Permanent|
|Salary / Rate of Pay||£29k - £30k per annum|
|Days / Hours||Monday to Friday, 7am - 4pm|
Our fantastic Surrey based client who specialises in waste management are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic reliable Category C Class 2 Driver, who on a permanent basis will assist with the day to day operation of their business.
As a Class 2 Driver with a clean driving license you will be responsible for driving and operating liquid waste vehicles which serve both domestic and industrial premises throughout the counties of Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire and West Kent. As the job is quite physical candidates are expected to be in good health and have a good level of fitness.
Ideally having a good geographical knowledge of the South East starting your day from the companies Surrey base which is located just outside Godalming your main responsibilities will be to drive and operate a range of vacuum tanker vehicles. Your main responsibilities will be: -
- To drive Company vehicles and operate Company equipment in a safe and proper manner in accordance with Company Policies, procedures and legislation.
- To carry out the operation of vacuum pumping the removal of liquid and sewage waste
- To use a SMART Phone, text and email, to keep Managers and Clients up to date with daily progress
- Carrying out vehicle checks prior to the operation of any vehicle.
- Providing a professional, safe and fuel-efficient driving service.
- After each location visit complete all related paperwork.
Having a clean LGV/HGV Category C Class 2 driving licence you will be able to understand and manage related paperwork and possess the ability to keep in regular contact by way of SMART Phone, text and emails. Ideally, thou not essentially you will have Grade C GCSE’s or equivalent in English, Maths and Science. You will importantly have: -
- A polite and courteous manner
- Good communication skills
- Have a good understanding and appreciation of vehicle mechanics
- The ability to use a smartphone (text and email)
- A good level of health and fitness
- The ability to self-manage and use initiative for solving problems.
Working predominantly Monday to Friday 07:00 to 16:00, over time is readily available along with the occasional, approximately once a month, on call weekend cover. The position will pay up to £30,000
What do employers look for in a C.V.? What are the definite no-nos? This will you gives some of the answers.
Read more >
Now you’ve got that interview, how do you go about securing the job?
Read more >
Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate
This course is required if you work with or handle food to meet UK training requirements.
Apply on the site >
Allergens Test and Training
Be in the know when it comes to Allergens by reading our guide and testing yourself afterwards, remember to email your answers to email@example.com
If we put you into a kitchen our client’s will want you to have all the correct knowledge of food safety and hygiene, click the link below to complete the test