Are you a young aspiring Mechanical Engineer or recently qualified Graduate Engineer looking to grow and develop your career then this position could well be the position to provide the necessary kick start.
Our client, a Design and Manufacturing company located just a short distance from Alton, are actively seeking to recruit an Internal Sales Engineer to support their Sales team. As the Internal Sales Engineer, supporting the Sales team your role will be to evaluate Customer orders and specifications against the company’s product range and in so doing provision the essential technical evaluation and compliance guarantees necessary to fulfil the Customers requirements. In so doing will readily assist the Sales Team with the preparation of comprehensive quotes, tender and bid submissions, that is, across the full range of company products.
As the Internal Sales Engineer you will principally be responsible for: –
- Conducting technical evaluation / assessments of Customer enquiries
- Front line customer liaison, thereby ensuring the correct technical specification and information is obtained prior to pricing. Note this will on an as needs basis require a willingness to Overseas Travel,
- Preparing accurately priced and well documented quotations
- Communicate with the engineering team to ensure the desired specifications can be met to and to the Customers time lines.
The successful candidate will have proven experience within the mechanical engineering industry and ideally, thou not essentially have a Level 3 Mechanical Engineering qualification or equivalent and will be well versed in the use of Microsoft software, particularly in Word and Excel. In addition, the key personal attributes for this position will be: –
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to work accurately and in a timely manner
- The ability to be self-motivated and work well both on your own or as part of a team
Working a 40-hour week, Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm, and 8 to 4pm on a Friday, the position will pay, STE, between £17,000 to £21,000 per annum.
NB: Due to the location you will need your own reliable means of Transport.