Based in Bracknell, our client, a world-renowned supplier of niche market products for both the UK and Worldwide markets are actively looking to recruit an aspiring Junior Product Manager who has a years’ experience managing product sales, ideally within the Arts and Crafts or Education retail sector.
As a Junior Product Manager, you will be tasked with overseeing the management of 16 brands which equates to some 4000 plus products. Across the assigned category you will be targeted to develop your knowledge and influence and in so doing improve the performance and market share of your assigned business sector. Working closely and regularly with the Sales Team you will be expected to inform them of trends, local market information, competition, promotion, pricing and future needs.
As a Junior Product Manager, you will be accountable for the visibility of both offline and online products and will be expected to have an appreciation and interest with the on-line marketing strategies and development. Wherever possible you will willingly provide support for on line users ensuring all Customers have a concise, competitive and seamless access to all the company’s products and materials.
You will be an innovative and creative thinker and will possess excellent verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills readily suggesting innovative merchandising strategies. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing product, packaging, point of sale material and samples to support sales
- Developing and rolling out promotional sales
- Monitoring and evaluating competitor activities with the aim of identifying growth opportunities
- Improving the performance of your assigned category by way of analysis and forecasting
- Working and liaising with Sales, Trade and Product Managers to coordinate marketing strategies
- Meeting Customers and provide them with professional product insight and analysis
- Creating adaptable merchandising solutions
- Elaborating market segment, customer account
- Assessing future demand and sales trends
- On an as needs basis attending shows both in the UK and Abroad
Having good interpersonal communication and organizational skills as a front-line company representative you will constantly strive to provide excellent customer service. Key personal attributes will include: –
- Ideally, a year’s Product Management experience
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- A positive, enthusiastic, “hands on” attitude with a strong desire to succeed
- An understanding and appreciation of good business practice
- The ability to provide exceptional customer service
Working Monday to Friday 9am to 5:15pm STE and competence the position of Junior Product Manager will pay between £18k and £20k per annum and includes a bonus scheme. The position will also include all statutory benefits and entitlements.