|Job Reference No.||7606|
|Permanent / Temporary||Permanent|
|Salary / Rate of Pay||
£27-29k dependent on experience and qualifications
|Days / Hours||
37.5 hours per week 8am-4pm
As Kitchen Manager you will be required to cook and oversee the kitchen team in the running of the kitchen. You will be making vegetarian meals for an average of 120 people a day when in full operation. The working day starts at 8am and the main meal of the day is lunch served at 1pm. During the working day supper is also prepared.
Someone who is interested in vegetarian dishes is important. A two-week rotating menu is currently in operation and works well with the students. The ethos is to use organic ingredients wherever possible with suppliers on board such as Infinity and Riverford. The one-acre walled vegetable garden also provides seasonal produce.
Duties and Responsibilities as Kitchen Manager
● Effectively manage the day-to-day running of the kitchen and staffing rosters as the main point of contact reporting to the Facilities Manager.
● Provide excellent quality menus and dishes, ensuring dietary requirements meet the required standard. Ensure that the meals are nutritionally balanced and within budget to achieve quality and value. Ensuring breakfast and snack ingredients are well-stocked.
● Communicate politely and courteously, to build and maintain strong relationships. Be responsive to emails.
● Be responsible for ordering and maintaining stock levels. Liaise with suppliers to ensure the best produce and prices are obtained.
● Oversee the food requirements for special events held throughout the year.
● Validate monthly budget reports produced by the accounts department.
● Manage and be aware of Health and Safety legislation. Ensure ongoing training to all staff with regards to kitchen procedures, temperature controls and good hygiene. Work with the Estate and Facilities Manager to achieve good practice both financially and operationally.
To find out more information please apply today!
What do employers look for in a C.V.? What are the definite no-nos? This will you gives some of the answers.
Read more >
Now you’ve got that interview, how do you go about securing the job?
Read more >
Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate
This course is required if you work with or handle food to meet UK training requirements.
Apply on the site >
Allergens Test and Training
Be in the know when it comes to Allergens by reading our guide and testing yourself afterwards, remember to email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
If we put you into a kitchen our client’s will want you to have all the correct knowledge of food safety and hygiene, click the link below to complete the test
Allergens Test >
Allergens Training >
Forms you may need
For last minute bookings when we are unable to send you a timesheet in time
Blank Timesheet (MS Excel) >
New Employee Start Form >
Holiday Request Form >