|Job Reference No.||7604|
|Permanent / Temporary||Permanent|
|Salary / Rate of Pay||
|Days / Hours||6am - 2pm Monday to Friday - Term Time Only|
Our client is a nationally celebrated charity School based in Farnham. They are seeking a Kitchen Porter to perform and assist in a variety of tasks including cleaning, washing, carrying and other manual duties as requested by the kitchen team and the Catering Manager.
The person we seek will be able to show evidence of a diligent work ethic and have a sound and flexible approach to the tasks required of them. We are looking for a good team player to work in the Catering team. The successful applicant will have a happy and flexible disposition with a caring and patient attitude towards others. They will have good communication skills and be vigilant and detailed in their approach. The flexibility to provide cover for absences, or work extra time through an emergency, would be advantageous.
• To clean and wash up all kitchen and service items in an efficient manner.
• To assist in the preparation of food as required.
• To keep the kitchen and refectory areas in a clean and tidy state at all times.
• To operate heavy equipment according to manufactures instructions.
• To project a willing and helpful attitude to customers.
• To be customer-focused at all times, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
• To treat your team members as you would expect to be treated.
• To co-operate with all team members and undertake duties in the kitchen / service areas as requested to ensure an efficient and effective service is always delivered.
• To attend health and safety and food safety training courses as required.
• To ensure cleaning areas under your control are maintained to the School and COSHH standards.
• To rigorously follow the unit cleaning schedules.
• To attend all location meetings as required.
• To show commitment to the School values in all aspects of your role.
• To act as a positive ambassador for the School.
• To attend to any reasonable request made by the Head Chef or Catering Manager.
• To ensure compliance with the School’s policy on safer recruitment and safeguarding children at all times whilst at work.
• Automatic enrolment into the Nest pension scheme.
• Provision of hot lunches, tea and coffee
• Onsite parking
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS clearance and the receipt of satisfactory references before a formal job offer is confirmed.
If you are interested, apply today!
What do employers look for in a C.V.? What are the definite no-nos? This will you gives some of the answers.
Read more >
Now you’ve got that interview, how do you go about securing the job?
Read more >
Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate
This course is required if you work with or handle food to meet UK training requirements.
Apply on the site >
Allergens Test and Training
Be in the know when it comes to Allergens by reading our guide and testing yourself afterwards, remember to email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
If we put you into a kitchen our client’s will want you to have all the correct knowledge of food safety and hygiene, click the link below to complete the test
Allergens Test >
Allergens Training >
Forms you may need
For last minute bookings when we are unable to send you a timesheet in time
Blank Timesheet (MS Excel) >
New Employee Start Form >
Holiday Request Form >