Based in Guildford Surrey our client an established and respected Main Dealership are actively looking to recruit a MET Technician to work in their Body Shop. As an experienced and qualified MET technician you will be expected to carry out a broad range of repair works to all types of vehicles. This will typically involve re-moving and replacing suspension components, mechanical trim, and electrical components, that is, with the aim of identifying and rectifying faults prior to final road testing.
On a daily basis you will complete work on vehicles as per the Supervisor assigned job cards and Customer authorisations and will also: –
- Complete work on vehicles as detailed on job cards within the allocated time scale
- Conduct on an as needs basis electrical fault diagnostics
- Carrying out instructed cosmetic repairs
- Road test vehicles to validate effective repairs
- Carry out Vehicle tracking
- Carry out light vehicle diagnostics, for which training will be given
- Complete all associated paperwork in a timely and organised manner
- Attend assigned training courses to improve performance and knowledge
As a MET Technician you will have gained experience previously within vehicle diagnostics, maintenance, and repairs and have the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment to set deadlines. In addition, you will have served a recognised apprenticeship, obtained relevant City & Guilds qualifications and undertaken manufacturers training courses. In so doing you will have a broad knowledge of approved / safe work methods and a sound technical expertise. Ideally, thou not essentially, you will have ATA Accreditation.
Working a 45 hour week, Monday to Friday, 7am to 7pm shift rota, the post will pay, subject to experience, pay between £25k and £28k basic and with OTE this can uplift to £34.5k.