|Job Reference No.||7029|
|Permanent / Temporary||Temporary, Permenant|
|Salary / Rate of Pay||£9 - £9.50 per hour|
|Location||Holmbury St Mary|
|Days / Hours||Monday to Friday, Part-time, 3pm-7pm|
Our Client in Holmbury is looking for a Catering Assistant to join their busy catering team at their top-quality school. The Catering Porter will be an integral part of the catering team as they will be supporting the smooth running of the kitchen.
The successful Catering Assistant will need to possess a positive and 'can-do’ attitude along with a friendly personality. The ideal candidate will need to be a team player who is happy to help in all areas of the kitchen and have excellent communication skills.
The Catering Porter’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Cleaning the catering areas and the dining hall
- Washing up all cooking equipment and plates
- Dealing with deliveries on arrival at the site and storing delivery items correctly
- Complying with health and safety regulations as well as hygiene and fire regulations
- Using appropriate machinery and utensils to help with preparing vegetables on the direction of the Head Chef.
- Ensure all contact is handled in a thorough and responsible manner.
Previous experience is not required as full training will be provided. However, a good understanding of the importance of health and safety is essential.
- Term-time only role,
- Monday - Friday,
- Part-time - 3pm to 7pm shift.
Salary: £9 - £9.50 per hour.
What do employers look for in a C.V.? What are the definite no-nos? This will you gives some of the answers.
Read more >
Now you’ve got that interview, how do you go about securing the job?
Read more >
Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate
This course is required if you work with or handle food to meet UK training requirements.
Apply on the site >
Allergens Test and Training
Be in the know when it comes to Allergens by reading our guide and testing yourself afterwards, remember to email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
If we put you into a kitchen our client’s will want you to have all the correct knowledge of food safety and hygiene, click the link below to complete the test