|Job Reference No.||7159|
|Permanent / Temporary||Permanent|
|Salary / Rate of Pay||
£16,610 - £17,494 (FTE = £18,933 - £19,941)
|Sector||Services / Education|
|Days / Hours||Monday to Friday / 37 hours per week|
Our Client is a thriving, welcoming and fully inclusive Secondary School which is proud to serve the town of Alton and its surrounding villages.
They are looking for a Senior Science technician to provide technical support to the Science Department and, as necessary, to undertake a variety of duties to support the effective teaching of science across the school.
Senior Science Technician duties include:
· To assist in the preparation, setting up and clearing away of equipment and materials required for demonstrations and class practical work.
· To assist in the construct of laboratory apparatus and equipment for teaching aids and to demonstrate experiments and the safe operation of equipment to staff.
· To frequently inspect laboratory apparatus, equipment and other resources to ensure that they are in good repair and safe to use.
· To ensure that materials and chemicals are properly controlled, stored and handled.
· To help maintain a department inventory of materials and resources.
· Support the school’s implementation of all other current statutory requirements.
· A good level of general education including GCSE (grade A-C) or equivalent, in maths and English.
· Previous scientific experience or knowledge as the role includes preparation of practical lessons from year 7 to GCSE.
· Ability to communicate effectively with children and adults at all levels.
· Excellent ICT skills.
· Demonstrate an eye for detail.
· Ability to use own initiative and work alone when necessary.
· Flexibility and a positive can do attitude.
This is a permanent position with 37 hours per week over Monday to Friday, term time plus 1 week (40 weeks total.)
The salary is £16,610 - £17,494 (FTE = £18,933 - £19,941)
Apply now if this interests you!
What do employers look for in a C.V.? What are the definite no-nos? This will you gives some of the answers.
Read more >
Now you’ve got that interview, how do you go about securing the job?
Read more >
Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate
This course is required if you work with or handle food to meet UK training requirements.
Apply on the site >
Allergens Test and Training
Be in the know when it comes to Allergens by reading our guide and testing yourself afterwards, remember to email your answers to email@example.com
If we put you into a kitchen our client’s will want you to have all the correct knowledge of food safety and hygiene, click the link below to complete the test