Located in a pretty and peaceful Surrey village between Dorking and Cranleigh, our client, who pride themselves on running a collection of individual pubs rather than a “brand” or “chain” are actively looking to recruit an experienced Sous Chef.
Passionate about producing excellent quality fresh food in both a professional and friendly environment you will readily assist the Head Chef manage a full complement of Kitchen Staff with the focus on being considered the best local Gastro Pub. As the Sous Chef you’ll be cooking and working across all sections and actively look to contribute ideas relating to frequent menu changes, that’s utilising seasonal fresh local ingredients. In addition, you will:
- Ensure the timely delivery of freshly prepared food
- Ensure food production costs and the menu planning are carried out efficiently
- Enable development of the menu and its offerings
- Ensure all financial and wastage targets are met
- Assess the teams’ performance and identify training where ever needed
- Ensure Kitchen Food Hygiene and Health & Safety targets are met and managed
Working a 45-hour week, that’s 5 over 7 days, the position of Sous Chef will STE pay up to £30k per annum plus tips and a benefits package. Note the opportunity of live-in accommodation is available, otherwise, due to the remote location your own means of transport will be required. If you see this as a great opportunity to join a friendly team! Then apply today!