Working for a well-established Specialist Contract Catering Company our client is actively seeking to recruit a Sous / Head Chef to join their full complement of Kitchen Staff who are based in an independent school in Horsley Surrey. Answering to the Executive Chef you will be expected to assist the manager in the management of the kitchen operation at all times ensuring the company’s food quality and reputation is maintained at all times
The successful Sous/Head Chef will have proven experience of working in a professional catering environment and have the necessary knowledge and skills to prepare fresh and timely delivered food. In addition, you will be expected to: –
- Ensure the menu planning is implemented as agreed with the Executive Chef
- Plan, prepare, cook and present food to set client and company standards
- Ensure all specialist dietary needs and requirements are rigorously complied with
- Ensure all financial controls, costings and wastage targets are met
- Ensure Health & Safety, Food Safety and environmental legislation is complied with
- Ensure all Kitchen equipment faults are reported and rectified in a timely manner
- Assess the Kitchen team’s performance, and where necessary identify training needs
- Act as a positive ambassador for the Company at all times.
As a Sous Chef with a proven work history you will thrive working in a busy Kitchen, will handle pressure in a calm and professional manner, will enthusiastically work as part work of a dedicated team and will at all times work in line with current health and hygiene legislation.
Please note: Under taken by the Client the successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS clearance
Working predominantly Monday to Friday 7am to 3pm, and based on working 36 weeks /annum the position of Sous/head Chef will pay £26,000 /annum and will include all statutory entitlements and benefits.