Located in a peaceful and idyllic Surrey village a short distance from Dorking, our client, who have recently refurbished and rebranded their Gastro / Bed and Breakfast Pub are actively looking to recruit an experienced Sous Chef who will assist the Head Chef to further develop and drive both the food offering and business.
Passionate about producing excellent quality fresh food in both a professional and friendly environment you will readily assist the Head Chef manage a full complement of Kitchen Staff with the focus on being considered the best local Gastro Pub. As the Sous Chef you’ll be cooking and working across all sections and actively look to contribute ideas relating to frequent menu changes, that’s utilising seasonal fresh local ingredients. In addition, you will:
- Ensure the timely delivery of freshly prepared food
- Ensure food production costs and the menu planning are implemented effectively
- Ensure all financial and wastage targets are met
- Ensure Kitchen Food Hygiene and Health & Safety targets are met and managed at all times
- Assist with the deliveries and timely storage of stock
- Assist with the development of the menu and its offerings
Working around 48 hours / week, that’s 5 over 7 days, the position of Sous will pay up to £25k per annum and additionally include a £1k bonus. Working flexibly the position may is offer the opportunity of live-in accommodation, otherwise, due to the location your own means of transport will be required. If you see this as a great opening to both grow and develop along with a friendly team! Then apply today!