|Job Reference No.||6999|
|Permanent / Temporary||Permanent|
|Salary / Rate of Pay||£24k - £27.5k per annum|
|Days / Hours||Monday - Friday / 40 hours per week|
Our client in Leatherhead at a top school is looking for a Sous Chef to join their busy catering team. The Chef will be working at a lovely school in leafy Surrey as part of a diverse team. Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Sous Chef who is able to get stuck in straight away.
They will be joining an already established team, they will need to have a friendly nature and be a confident communicator. Along with excellent time management skills and possess the ability to prioritise.
The successful Sous Chef will be responsible for:
- Preparing, cooking a serving all food in the school’s menu
- Allocate tasks to team members and assist with training, guidance, and coaching.
- Support and advice on menu development.
- Assisting in the kitchen where needed due to the high number of pupils
- Complying with health and food safety regulations
- Identify tock requirements and assist with placing orders.
· Possession of a NVQ in Food Preparation/ Food Hygiene/ Food Service is desirable not essential.
· A sound understanding of food preparation and food safety.
· Proven experience as a chef in a busy, high volume food production role.
· Hands on customer experience.
· Can work flexible hours/days demanded of the role
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and committed with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
This Chef position is Term-Time only, approximately 40 hours per week and Monday to Friday with varying shifts.
Basic salary: Up to £24,000 - £27,500 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications.
The salary includes holiday pay, but annual leave must be taken in the school holidays. The successful Chef will have a probationary period of six months but the appointment is subject to satisfactory references and a clean DBS check. But once appointed the Chef will be able use the onsite facilities when not being used by the school, which will include the swimming pool, tennis court and the library.
So if you want to be a valued member of a busy team – apply now!
What do employers look for in a C.V.? What are the definite no-nos? This will you gives some of the answers.
Read more >
Now you’ve got that interview, how do you go about securing the job?
Read more >
Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate
This course is required if you work with or handle food to meet UK training requirements.
Apply on the site >
Allergens Test and Training
Be in the know when it comes to Allergens by reading our guide and testing yourself afterwards, remember to email your answers to email@example.com
If we put you into a kitchen our client’s will want you to have all the correct knowledge of food safety and hygiene, click the link below to complete the test