Our client based in Aldershot who are a leading independent provider of specialist transport solutions and IT relocation services are seeking a Trainee LGV Driver (Class 2)/Specialist Handler to join their expanding successful team.
This position provides a lot of variety no two days are the same, a willingness to learn is a must the role involves working alongside experienced staff to learn the fundamentals of handling high value consignments before progressing to LGV Training. You will form part of a minimum 2-person team and will assist in the handling and installation of customer owned equipment.
The right candidate will be provided with full training to gain a LGV Class II Licence, CPC Drivers Card and use of all related equipment. Work will take place predominately at locations throughout the UK, however trips to Europe will be required from time to time so a suitable passport to facilitate travel is required.
- A willingness to listen, learn and follow instructions
- The ability to commit to providing exceptional customer service
- A flexible attitude and willingness to adapt to any last-minute changes
- Proactive, motivated and capable of dealing with basic administration.
- Polite, punctual and well presented.
- The ability to pay attention to detail.
- Prepared to stay away from home when required some UK & European Travel
This position is permanent/full time. (Flexible working hours required to suit the demands of the business) paying STE between £18,000-£21,000 per annum. As well as receiving statutory company benefits, and ample opportunities to develop and progress you will also receive the following:
- Performance related Annual Bonus
- Regular Overtime (weekend, evenings and overnight)
- Full training provided for LGV (Class II) Licence and CPC Driver Card
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- 28 days holiday including public holidays increasing to 33 days after obtaining LGV Class II.
- A Company Uniform