Our client based in Aldershot is looking for a Truck Technician to undertake all duties of a truck technician by carrying out inspections, repairs, maintenance and installation of components in accordance with the experience, training given and to the standards and quality of the Manufacturer.
- Understand and diagnose faulty components and recommend course of action.
- Carry out inspection, maintenance, repair and installation of components in an efficient manner and as per instructions given by Service Reception.
- Ensure that standard times and quality of work is to the manufacturer’s standards.
- Ensure that all work carried and time taken is well documented on the job card to ensure accurate billing to customer.
- Ensure that additional work is reported to Service Reception and authority is obtained before work is commenced.
- Ensure that additional work, which cannot be carried out, is communicated to Service Reception for future booking.
- Ensure that the correct components are requested from the Parts Department and in sufficient time for the job to be carried out.
- Road test vehicles when required and ensure work has been fully completed and will pass quality assurance checks.
- Ensure that vehicles are returned to customers in a clean condition and there is no body damage.
- Support Service Advisor as necessary with technical expertise in explaining to customer work carried out on their vehicle.
- Ensure tools and equipment are maintained in proper working order. Report faulty equipment and remove from workshop.
- Maintain a well organised service 24 hour vehicle, for ease and use for other workshop staff if required.
- If a senior / master technician supervise, advise and train technicians and apprentices as and when required by the Department.
Working 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8:00am to 17:30pm (30 mins unpaid lunch break)
Alternating shift pattern earlies and lates (W1: 08:00 to 17:30, W2: 12:30 to 22:00)
£31,000-£35,000 p/a plus overtime
If this sounds like the role for you apply today!