|Job Reference No.||6978|
|Permanent / Temporary||Permanent|
|Salary / Rate of Pay||£17k - £20k per annum|
|Days / Hours||38 hours per week|
Our client in the outskirts of Petersfield are looking for a vegetarian cook to join their enthusiastic kitchen team at their school cooking fresh vegetarian ingredients for students.
The school is run by a Foundation Trust which is a registered charity. Two schools, a Study Centre and a Foundation operate under the charity in 39 acres of beautiful grounds.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a small team in a beautiful and friendly environment where food is made fresh on site with an attention to healthy and nutritious meals. The school is vegetarian and always has been so a passion for this cuisine is very important to us.
- Preparing and cooking food items to the specifications determined by the Kitchen Manager.
- Being responsible for the provision of meals of excellent standards whilst working within the constraints of the catering budget and to a minimum wastage policy
- Working to high standards of practice and basic food hygiene.
Main criteria for the role:
- NVQ Level 2 in Catering preferred, but not essential
- Experience within a high volume catering environment preferred
- Enjoy working as a part of a team
- Self-motivated with the ability to work to deadlines
- Interest in fresh and seasonal produce
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- A flexible team player
- High personal hygiene standard
- Polite and courteous communicator with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Routine communication with emails
- You may be expected to carry out other reasonable duties that are asked of you besides these associated with your main duties.
- Reports to Kitchen Manger
- Salary will range between up to £20,000 dependent on experience and qualifications
- The normal hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, all year round, with a 60-minute unpaid break. Work on the weekend, bank holidays and public holidays might be required based on a roster
- Statutory holidays of 5.6 weeks (28 days) to be taken in such times agreed by the Kitchen Manger
- Vegetarian lunch is provided free of charge in the school’s dining hall during term time
- Refreshments are supplied throughout the day
- An offer of employment will be subject to a probation period of 6 months.
- Smoke free environment
- We would consider providing accommodation with reasonable rent for the right applicant.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please apply today if you have the relevant experience and are interested.
What do employers look for in a C.V.? What are the definite no-nos? This will you gives some of the answers.
Read more >
Now you’ve got that interview, how do you go about securing the job?
Read more >
Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate
This course is required if you work with or handle food to meet UK training requirements.
Apply on the site >
Allergens Test and Training
Be in the know when it comes to Allergens by reading our guide and testing yourself afterwards, remember to email your answers to email@example.com
If we put you into a kitchen our client’s will want you to have all the correct knowledge of food safety and hygiene, click the link below to complete the test